White Chocolate Buttercream Recipe
If you've been looking for a delicious white chocolate buttercream recipe, this is it. This is a combination of easy buttercream and white chocolate resulting in a super-smooth, super-delicious buttercream that's great for any application.
Servings: 6 cups
- 4 oz Pasturized liquid egg whites
- 3 tsp Créme bouquet optional flavoring
- 1/4 tsp Fine salt
- 16 oz Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 dash Lemon extract
- 6 oz White chocolate Good quality
- 24 oz Butter room temperature
- Melt white chocolate. Make sure it’s completely smooth! Set aside while you mix the other ingredients.
- Start blending egg whites & powdered sugar slowly in stand mixing bowl with whisk attachment until powdered sugar is combined.
- Add crème bouquet, salt, vanilla, and dash lemon extract. Speed up to high until thick and glossy (about 4-5 minutes).
- Add butter, a large piece at a time, while continually whisking on medium speed. Whisk until fully blended. Mixture may look a bit curdled. No worries! The next step fixes that.
- Add melted white chocolate to mixture, careful not to touch sides of bowl. I like to make a well in the center of the bowl & pour the white chocolate into it. Start whisk on slow & quickly increase to medium-high. Do not let the white chocolate touch the sides of the bowl, sit for any length of time, or not get mixed in immediately or it will cool into lumps throughout the icing. Scrape it down several times until fully mixed in.
- Whisk on medium-high for a few minutes, until light & fluffy and white in color.
I love the Cremé bouquet, but if you don't want to use that no worries. Just use your vanilla. The dash of lemon extract really brings out the flavor & cuts the sweetness, but again, optional. This is a great base for just about any flavor too. Start with this, then mix in strawberries, salted caramel, oreos, etc etc. To make a chocolate version, just sub 1/4 cup cocoa for 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar, reduce egg whites to 75 g & change white chocolate to semi-sweet chocolate chips. It does tend to be softer though, no matter what. Tastes amazing though!
Calories: 1271kcal | Carbohydrates: 92g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 101g | Saturated Fat: 63g | Cholesterol: 249mg | Sodium: 964mg | Potassium: 138mg | Sugar: 90g | Vitamin A: 2840IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 0.1mg