Almond Sablé Dough is great for making those trendy cream tarts
Almond Sablé Dough is a sweet shortcrust made with ground almond flour. The cookie is sweet, flaky and very tender but stable enough to support filling and toppings.
For an almond free version, check out my Pate Sucree recipe (tart dough).
- 2 ¼ cups AP flour unbleached, keep a little extra for dusting
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 oz unsalted butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- In a bowl, whisk together the AP flour, almond flour and salt.
- Put a paddle attachment onto your stand mixer, then combine butter and confectioner's sugar in mixer bowl. Mix on medium-low speed until combined, about 4 minutes.
- Mix in the egg and then the yolk, allowing each to be incorporated before adding the next. In 2 parts, add the flour mixtures, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each part.
- Turn bowl over with dough mixture onto a clean lightly-floured work surface. Divide in half, shape into flattened desks and wrap each 1 in plastic warp. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight.