Skill level: Newb
Learn how to make beautiful edible oil paints.
Servings: 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening start with 1 teaspoon and add more as you need
- 1 bottle of powdered food coloring start with a little bit, add more to make color deeper
- 1 piece of parchment paper
- Place the vegetable shortening on a piece of parchment paper.
- Sprinkle food coloring onto the vegetable shortening.
- Use an offset spatula to blend the color and shortening together, smashing the vegetable shortening down, then scraping up the color and shortening mix, and smashing it down again, to make sure the color thoroughly mixes with the shortening.
- Add more food coloring as needed until you have reached the desired color.
If using edible oils with a stencil to apply a design to a cake, you need to buff the color off first before taking the stencil off the cake. Use a paper towel or facial sponge to lightly dab the color so that when you take the stencil off the cake it won't disrupt the design.
Calories: 43kcal | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
These worked perfect for my Picasso art themed birthday cake!