Skill level: Newb
Learn how to make this delicious and decadent cake made of 12 delicious layers of chocolate cake, caramel filling and topped with yummy fresh berries, shiny ganache and a pretty geode heart! Perfect for Valentines day!
- Make your ganache using the ganache recipe.
- Bake three 6″ layers of my chocolate cake recipe. After baking, chill in the freezer until almost frozen. This will help you cut them evenly.
- Slice the first layer in half, then slice each half in half again so each cake yields four layers.
- Combine about 5 cups of easy buttercream with 1/4 cup caramel sauce.
- Alternate layers of cake and buttercream and then ice smooth.
- Chill in the freezer for 10-20 minutes.
- Place your chilled cake on top of a bowl or other small container and inside a large pan to catch the extra ganache.
- Pour your ganache over the chilled cake and let it drip for about 5 minutes.
- Scrape off the excess drips and transfer to a place or cake stand.
- Top with fresh berries and the geode heart topper.
- Glaze strawberries with food glaze to keep them looking shiny.
- Serve at room temperature so that the cake and buttercream is soft and delicious.