Skill level: Newb
After the cake tasting, you most likely have a scribbled half-sketch with some quick notes and ideas written down.
Providing the client with a digital refined cake sketch is crucial to getting sign-off, especially on a new or creatively out-there design.
Learn how to knock out a cake sketch in Photoshop with a Monoprice graphics tablet.
33:01 Minutes of Instruction
What You Will Learn
- How to refine a cake sketch design in Photoshop
- Learn how to quickly pull in reference photos and make them look sketched
- How to sell the benefits of a high-quality sketch to a client
- Getting started on the cake sketch
- Working with Photoshop layers
- Getting image assets
- Coloring the cake tiers
- Sketching buttercream
- Adding the flowers
- Adding gold leaf
- Selling the benefits of a cake sketch
- Getting final approval