Did You Make This Recipe?Leave a rating and tell me how it went!
Faux Food Cookie Recipe
A awesome cookie dough recipe by Joyce Marcellus used in her taco cake tutorial! This baked cookie looks just like a crunchy taco shell!Print
Serves: 4 cups
- 32 oz (907 g) Butter room temperature
- 32 oz (907 g) Granulated sugar
- 2 large (2 large) Eggs
- 1 Tbsp (1 Tbsp) Vanilla extract
- 35 oz (992 g) AP flour
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) Salt
- 3-4 Tbsp (3-4 Tbsp) Poppy seeds
- Ivory and yellow food color
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer bowl with a paddle attachment. Mix until creamy and throughly incorporated. Make sure to scrape sides and mix for a few more seconds.
- Add eggs slowly and mix.
- Add vanilla extract and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the salt and flour and slowly begin to add the flour mixture to the mixer bowl on low speed. Make sure to scrape sides.
- Once fully mixed, add the food colors.
- Lastly add the poppy seeds and mix.
- Wrap in clear plastic wrap and store in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- Bake at 350ºF/176ºC for 12 minutes rotating the pan at the 6 minute mark for an even bake.
Calories: 1543kcal (77%) | Carbohydrates: 147g (49%) | Protein: 12g (24%) | Fat: 103g (158%) | Saturated Fat: 60g (300%) | Cholesterol: 337mg (112%) | Sodium: 2030mg (85%) | Potassium: 243mg (7%) | Fiber: 3g (12%) | Sugar: 104g (116%) | Vitamin A: 2970IU (59%) | Calcium: 229mg (23%) | Iron: 4mg (22%)