Faux Food Cookie Recipe
A awesome cookie dough recipe by Joyce Marcellus used in her taco cake tutorial! This baked cookie looks just like a crunchy taco shell!
Servings: 4 cups
- 32 oz Butter room temperature
- 32 oz Granulated sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- 35 oz AP flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3-4 Tbsp Poppy seeds
- Ivory and yellow food color
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer bowl with a paddle attachment. Mix until creamy and throughly incorporated. Make sure to scrape sides and mix for a few more seconds.
- Add eggs slowly and mix.
- Add vanilla extract and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the salt and flour and slowly begin to add the flour mixture to the mixer bowl on low speed. Make sure to scrape sides.
- Once fully mixed, add the food colors.
- Lastly add the poppy seeds and mix.
- Wrap in clear plastic wrap and store in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- Bake at 350ºF/176ºC for 12 minutes rotating the pan at the 6 minute mark for an even bake.
Calories: 1543kcal | Carbohydrates: 147g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 103g | Saturated Fat: 60g | Cholesterol: 337mg | Sodium: 2030mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 104g | Vitamin A: 2970IU | Calcium: 229mg | Iron: 4mg