Delicious wine gummy recipe made with Rosé
A wine gummy recipe made with Rosé! I actually searched for a recipe but couldn’t find one that tasted good and like wine! I decided to make my own based on my gummy recipe! I LOVED how they turned out! Talk about a fun treat for a bridal shower! They are so easy to make and you can use your favorite brand of Rosé.
How do you make wine gummies
- Mix together your wine of choice, sugar and citric acid (optional) Citric acid gives the gummies that “bite” that is typical of eating a fruity candy.
- Slowly sprinkle in your gelatin one teaspoon at a time, mixing in between additions to prevent lumps
- Microwave for 30 seconds, stir with a spoon, then 15-second increments until the gelatin is melted and no grains remain.
- Let the mixture sit for minutes, then scoop off the foam with a spoon and discard.
- Pour your mixture into molds of your choice and refrigerate. They will be set up after a few hours but taste chewier after two days.
- Make sure you remove the gummies from the mold when they are cold. If you have problems with them coming out cleanly you can freeze them to remove them.
Can you get drunk off of a wine gummy?
In theory, if you ate a WHOLE lot of wine gummies you could definitely get drunk. You’d probably get sick to your stomach first though because of all the sugar. It is important to know that these wine gummies are made with REAL alcoholic wine so they aren’t good for kiddos.
Think of a Rosé wine gummy as more of a fun treat! Great for a dessert bar, wedding or other festive parties for wine lovers!
What kind of wine is best for a wine gummy recipe?
So this is a tricky question. It just depends on the wine you like! I used a Rosé from New Seasons because that’s what I found that looked good but if there is a brand you prefer, I say use that one! The better the wine, the better the wine gummy will taste!
Still not sure which wine to buy? Check out this list of the best Rosé of 2019 for some suggestions.
You can also use other types of wine like red wine, white wine, prosecco or champagne!
How do you make wine gummy bears?
I recently read that people were on this crazy waiting list to purchase Rosé gummy bears. They are super cute and imported from Germany. I mean… the Rosé all day train has arrived and the people have demands lol! But you can truly make your own without the wait.
Just pour your gummy mixture into a gummy bear mold. It might be less messy if you use an eye dropper. I liked this gummy bear mold because it’s bigger than the standard gummy bear mold. Each bear is about 1″ tall. Made of food-safe silicone and comes with droppers! Score!
Wine Gummy Recipe
Rosé Wine Gummy Ingredients
- 12 oz (283.5 g) Wine You can also use red, white, or champagne
- 4 packs (28 g) gelatin (Knox brand)
- 4 oz (113.4 g) sugar or honey
- 4 oz (113.4 g) corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp (1.23 g) citric acid optional
- Mix together your wine and sugar in a large measuring cup
- Slowly sprinkle in your gelatin 1 tsp at a time, mixing in between additions. Don't just dump it all in. Let it bloom for 5 minutes.
- Melt the gelatin in your microwave for 30 seconds and stir with a spoon (not a whisk). Then 15 second increments until the gelatin is dissolved and isn't grainy anymore.
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes and allow the foam to rise to the surface. Scoop the gelatin off the surface with a spoon.
- Add in your corn syrup and stir
- Add a tiny drop of electric pink to 1/4 tsp of water and add to the gelatin mixture if the gelatin looks too orange like mine did.
- Pour gelatin Rosé into molds. I used sphere molds but you could definitely use gummy bear molds if you prefer.
- Your gummies will be ready in a few hours but they are gummier texture after two days.