Doctored Box Cake Recipe (WASC)
A doctored cake mix that is well-used by bakers all over the world that produces a delicious white cake that tastes almost like scratch. This recipe makes three 6"x2" cake rounds or two 8"x2" cake rounds
Servings 24 servings
- 1 box white cake mix I like duncan hines
- 5 oz AP flour 1 cup (spooned into cup, not scooped)
- 7 oz granulated sugar 1 cup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 9 oz sour cream 1 cup room temp
- 4 oz melted butter 1/2 cup
- 8 oz milk 1 cup room temperature
- 4 large egg whites room temperature
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
Don't worry about any of the ingredients on the back of the box, just use the ingredients listed in the recipe.
This recipe makes enough batter for three 6"x2" cakes or two 8"x2" cakes (round).
This recipe makes 40 cupcakes with about 1.25 ounces of batter per cupcake tin.
You can replace 4 egg whites with three whole eggs if desired
Serving: 1g | Calories: 747kcal | Carbohydrates: 120g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 895mg | Potassium: 162mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 70g | Vitamin A: 710IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 239mg | Iron: 2.7mg