Combine the water and vinegar in a large stock pot or bowl
Add your berries and let them soak for 10 minutes
Lightly rinse the berries with fresh water and place them onto some paper towels to dry
Store your berries in the fridge and enjoy them for up to three weeks!
- You can reduce or increase the amount of water and vinegar for the number of berries that you have. For instance, if you only need to wash a pint of strawberries you can use 4 cups of cold water and 2 Tablespoons of vinegar to wash the berries.
- Make sure the berries are dry before you store them to prevent them from getting soggy
- Choose berries that don't have any signs of mold or bruising for maximum freshness and longevity
- Occasionally check the berries for any bad ones and immediately remove them
- Freshen up old berries by soaking them in ice water for 20 minutes
Serving: 4ounces | Calories: 10kcal (1%) | Carbohydrates: 1g | Sodium: 96mg (4%) | Sugar: 1g (1%) | Calcium: 57mg (6%)