Easy M&M Cookie Recipe
These M&M cookies are soft and chewy with crispy edges! Packed with tons of M&M candies and no chilling! We loved making these M&M cookies for Easter but because M&M's come in so many colors you can easily switch up the colors and make them for any special occasion.
Servings 16 cookies
- 9 ounces all-purpose flour 2 cups spooned and leveled
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 ounces unsalted butter 1/2 cup, room temperature
- 4 ounces granulated sugar 1/2 cup
- 2 ounces brown sugar 1/4 cup
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 ounces M&M candy 2 cups
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat your oven to 350ºF and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Cream the softened butter, white sugar and brown sugar together in the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy. About 2 minutes.
Add in your egg, egg yolk and vanilla and cream on low until combined. Scrape the bowl to make sure everything is combined evenly.
Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix on low until combined.
Scoop the dough onto your cookie sheet using a #20 scoop (about two tablespoons per scoop) and place a few M&M's on top so you can see the colors when they bake.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the center of the cookie is no longer shiny. Cookies will be pale.
Allow your cookies to cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool the rest of the way. Store at room temperature in an air tight container for up to two weeks.
Tips for success
- Use room temperature butter for the best results
- Use room temperature eggs. I place my eggs (in the shell) into a bowl of warm water for 5 minutes. Room temperature eggs make thicker cookies.
- Cream your butter and sugar for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy in color before adding in eggs
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 2447kcal | Carbohydrates: 346g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 103g | Saturated Fat: 62g | Cholesterol: 614mg | Sodium: 748mg | Potassium: 892mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 170g | Vitamin A: 3349IU | Calcium: 375mg | Iron: 13mg