September 22, 2019
Skill level: Newb
Learn how to make a really pretty Geode Cake Topper in the shape of a heart! Sweet as sugar just like your valentine! A lot easier to make than you think!
- Spray your tinfoil with a little vegetable oil and wipe off the excess
- Form your tinfoil into a long trough about 14″ long and seal the ends by pinching the tinfoil together
- Melt down your clear isomalt and divide into three silicone containers
- Color one container white, one medium purple and one dark purple with food coloring
- Pour your white isomalt in first, then your medium then the clear.
- Top with purple sugar crystals and disco dust
- Let sugar set a few minutes until half-set but still soft
- Pull off the aluminum foil and shape into a heart
- Form the ends around a wooden skewer, soften the sugar with a creme brulee torch if needed
- Let heart cool until set
- Paint the edges with gold and place into the cake