Skill level: Intermediate
Guest instructor Mik Nuzzi from Mik & Cookies joins us today teaching a lovely frog-themed cake. In this tutorial, Mik breaks down how to make and transfer royal icing designs onto cakes. Featuring a delightful frog on a lily pad, daisies and cute little mushrooms, this technique is sure to impress party-goers and guests.
There’s a lot to cover in this tutorial, so let’s get our tools together and let’s get started!
1:07:51 Minutes of Instruction
What You Will Learn
- How to combine cookie and cake decorating techniques to make unique royal icing transfers
- Learn Mik’s tips and tricks to get royal icing to look amazing
- How to make small and large transfers
- Learn how to make a frog on a lily pad, daisies and mushrooms
- Making The Royal Icing
- Coloring The Royal Icing
- Making The Small Transfers
- Making The Frog Topper
- Adding The Small Transfers
- Adding The Frog Topper