Skill level: Intermediate
Liz Marek teaches how to create an edible headdress that looks just like a traditional Haku Lei from Hawaii.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to create edible tea leaves with a variegated pattern, blackberries (part of Liz’s Oregon upbringing) and blackberry leaves, plumeria flowers, and orchids. Then we will weave these elements together in a traditional way that Liz learned while making real Haku Leis in Hawaii.
44:15 Minutes of Instruction
What You Will Learn
- Learn how to create an edible headdress that you can actually wear!
- How to make edible tea leaves, blackberries and blackberry leaves, orchids and plumerias
- Learn how to color and dust the edible leaves, flowers and berries
- How to weave the flowers and leaves together in a traditional way with raffia
- Making the orchid petals
- Making the plumerias
- Making the blackberries
- Making the wafer paper leaves
- Dusting the orchids
- Painting the blackberries
- Dusting the blackberries
- Dusting the plumeria
- Painting the striped leaves
- Putting everything together